Why is particle shape so important?
Particle shape is a factor that significantly affects the processing and performance of products. Therefore, it is critical to measure this parameter. Particle shape can be modified based on the desired performance in scientific and industrial research, improving product quality and performance. Here are some examples.
- In the manufacturing of inks and cosmetics, plate-shaped particles are prioritized for better reflection and adsorption;
- Granular particles are desired in rubber fillers, which are beneficial to abrasion resistance and strength;
- Long particles are required in plastic filters to improve the impact strength;
- Smooth spherical particles are commonly used to produce explosive, thus improving the stability;
- Polygonal shaped particles are necessary for abrasive to improve grinding efficiency.